A research was recently conducted by market research company Nielsen for OPPO India on the Selfie Usage Patterns amongst the Indian consumers, to deep dive into the patterns, characteristics and challenges of a selfie.
Here are some of the findings:
• At an overall level, out of 10 pictures taken with mobiles, 6 are selfies.
• Out of 10 selfies taken, 6 are group selfies with two or more people.
• 89 percent of consumers are more willing to take selfies when with family and friends.
• 96 percent of consumers take more than one selfie every time to get a perfect one.
• 48 percent females click selfies every day as compared to 40 percent males.
• 82 percent of selfie users send selfies to connect with friends while 75 percent use it for sharing on social media.
• 66 percent claim that the biggest issue they face while taking a selfie is the difficulty in fitting all people in one frame! This directly correlates to the fact that a wider angle camera is going to be the future of perfect group selfies – a feature that most Indian consumers are demanding in their smartphone cameras.
Here is the full infographic of the survey: