Qualcomm Incorporated today announced the top eight finalists in the first cycle of Qualcomm Design in India Challenge II (QDIC II), registrations for which started in January 2017.
These finalists were selected through a selection process which was concluded with an extensive pitch session in March 2017.
In January 2017, Qualcomm had announced an investment of USD 8.5 million for expansion of its design initiatives in India, to be called henceforth the ‘Qualcomm Design in India Program’ (QDIP).
The eight shortlisted companies for the second edition of the QDIC are:
• iSquare Mobility Pvt. Ltd. – Concept – A portable wireless telemedical solution to prescreen for breast cancer
• Avanijal Agri Automation Pvt. Ltd. – Concept – Bluetooth to enhance Smart irrigation controller – Sensor data collection, Control of Motors and Valves and Managing the controller from a smartphone
• Alexapath Private Limited – Concept – Smart Accessories for microscope that makes any conventional microscope smarter – produce digital scan of slides, share it with peers, live consultation and archival of slides
• iBot Control Systems India Pvt. Ltd. – Concept – Make a single board that can be used by industry and academia to build IOT apps with iBot Toolsets
• Hug Innovations LLP – Concept – A first of its kind device developer platform “Hug Gestures SDK”, that enables the integration and extension of a proprietary gesture control technology with smart devices, mobile apps & PC software
• Steradian Semiconductors Private Limited – Concept – Build a High-Resolution 4D Radar that will enable true all-weather vision for Autonomous Vehicles and Drones
• Stellapps Technologies Pvt. Ltd. – Concept – WiFi Sensor module – wimote & IoT Router – cloudtrak that can be used for smart automatic milk collection unit (smartAMCU), cold-chain monitoring as part of Stellapps IoT platform
• Tagbox Solutions Private Limited – Concept – An ultra-low power wireless platform targeted towards improving efficiency of Cold Storage and Logistics by monitoring and controlling key health parameters like temperature, relative humidity, gas, energy, door activity, etc.
Enabled by the Qualcomm Technology Licensing team, these top eight companies will now be incubated in the Qualcomm Innovation Lab and two winners will each receive a prize money of USD $75,000 at the end of the incubation period expected in August 2017.