With Samsung ready to launch its comeback smartphone – the Galaxy S8 at 8:30pm IST – the South Korean giant will make the Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ available globally at the same time. Samsung has been in troubled waters since the disaster struck its flagship Galaxy Note 7 last year.
The Galaxy S8 will carry greater expectations and the company will have a lot more to prove than usual as the Note 7 battery fire has rendered a blow to its image. The firm will now have to reassert its reliability while rebooting its technological advantage. Based on reports, leaks and rumours, we bring you a list of 10 things about the Samsung Galaxy S8 you should know.
– Samsung officially unveil the Galaxy S8 in New York City at 8:30pm IST
– The Galaxy S8 will come with Samsung’s new AI assistant – Bixby
– Samsung has revised its eight-point battery testing process
– There will be more space for the battery in the Galaxy S8
– The S8 will feature a standard 3.5 mm jack
– A Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 SoC or Exynos 9 processor (depending on the region)
– Dual primary cameras
– Bigger and dual-curved display with narrow bezels
– A virtual revamped home button
– Iris scanner