“For India Rankings – 2017, the main ranking parameters remain the same. However, there are a few significant changes in a few sub-parameters. Also, this year every large institution will be given a common overall rank as well as a discipline specific rank as applicable,” according to a statement.
With the admission season in full swing, here are top 10 engineering and technology colleges in India according to the ‘India Ranking Report 2017’.
1) Anna University Chennai, Tamil Nadu
2) Jadavpur University, Kolkata, West Bengal
3) Vellore Institute of Technology, Tamil Nadu
4) Institute of Chemical Technology, Mumbai
5) Birla Institute of Technology & Science, Pilani, Rajasthan
6) Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology, Shibpur, West Bengal
7) Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi
8) College of Engineering, Pune, Maharashtra
9) Shanmugha Arts Science Technology & Research Academy (SASTRA) Thanjavur, Tamil Nadu
10) Thapar University
The full list of colleges and universities judged can be found here
Recent report suggest that single NEET-like examination for entrance to engineering colleges might start from the academic year 2018-19, with the HRD ministry asking the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) to spell out suitable norms for holding such an exercise.
The AICTE, which oversees aspects related to technical education in the country, had discussed at a recent meeting a proposal for having a single entrance test for engineering colleges for undergraduate courses.
The HRD ministry has told the AICTE that the proposal is in line with the government’s policy and it could incorporate suitable regulations to enable the holding of such a test, sources said. Coveted IITs, for which a nationwide competitive examination is held, may also be brought in under the ambit of the new test.
(With PTI inputs)
WATCH OUR LATEST VIDEO